Saturday, February 28, 2009

Great Value Red Wines - Under $10

OK - I am all for splurging on a magnificent wine above my budget every now and again, but who has that kinda cash for everyday drinking? Not me. That said, I recently started listing a few wines that were remarkable and under $10.00 a bottle. While I have enjoyed many, I did not think to write them down until now. So, here are a few to get us started. I hope you can add to this list.



Simi - Merlot - Very nice, balanced, nice oak and tannins.

Rex (has the Rooster on the label) - has a few good blends. So far the Merlot has been the most consistent.

Smoking Loon - All Reds are good. Lots of Oak and balanced tannins on the heavier reds (Cab, Merlot, and Zin). If you like a California Formula - you would like this wine.

Conquista 2007 - Malbec from Angentina - only $8 bottle. Nice light tannins complex, yet smooth enough to enjoy. Very Good value for the money and a nice wine to try if you want to get away from the typical California Merlot.

Folie à Deux Ménage à Trois 2004 - If nothing else, the name catches your eye. This is a favorite. A few good restaurants even have this one on their wine list.

No comments:

Post a Comment